Translate

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Kids helping kids

More than three years ago I met an amazing family in Portland, OR. There were the parents, David and Laura, and there were not 2, or 3, but 4 kids! Their names are Michael, Allison, Matthew and Julia. This family of six welcomed me to join their family and the seven of us lived together as a big happy family! I was their Au Pair, but those kids were also my little siblings. We played together in the backyard with the hose and we used to have many movie nights. They used to give me the hardest time every night that I wanted to go out with my more grown up friends. Julia (then 2 years old) loved to play with all my make-up and wear my high heels. Now I live in San Francisco, and they are still in Portland. I miss them every day and I am so lucky I still get to see them once in a while. When I received this picture I was extremely happy because they are growing up so fast and to be so beautiful. Also because by showing their support I feel like we are and will be always part of each others lives!

And what is more beautiful than see kids helping other kids? They are showing that they have a wonderful heart and are growing to be amazing future leaders! 

Michael (top), Matthew, Allison, Julia

To make a donation towards the United Hearts School Bus fund in Bawjiase, Ghana, please click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment