Translate

Friday, October 24, 2014

Food for your brain AND your tummy!


Akili Preparatory School not only provides the girls from Obunga with education but also currently runs a feeding program. Food for your brain AND your tummy! The girls receive a nutritious meal daily and are growing stronger and smarter every day!
For the feeding program, Akili rents land in the outskirts of Kisumu and grows corn to feed the girls. On my very first work day in Kisumu, I went to help at the farm. It turns out that identifying holes on the ground to throw the seeds into is more difficult than expected. My vision may not be the best but I do have skills with the hoe!
Even though I was sore for a couple of days after, I am just so happy and grateful to be part of this amazingness. Seeing these happy and healthy faces just makes it all worth it! 




To help Akili Preparatory School: stayclassy.org/julianeakilischool 

No comments:

Post a Comment